CourseKey was born in sunny San Diego in August of 2015. Frustrated by the lack of technological innovation in college classrooms, a group of university students dreamed of giving instructors the ability to leverage student devices to enrich the classroom experience by making it more exciting and interactive. Through months of hard work and more Jack in the Box tacos than we can count, dreams became reality and CourseKey officially launched in January 2016. The platform caught on like wildfire shortly after, spreading to more than ninety campuses throughout the country and tens of thousands of students.
Today, CourseKey offers classroom and enterprise solutions that institutions use every day to manage and improve efficiency, retention, and compliance. We’re a passionate group of hard-working folks on a mission to build paper-free environments that allow organizations to collect, measure, and understand real-time learning at scale.
Our values define how we work together as a team and with our users and partners.
- We believe in being radically transparent, even when it’s uncomfortable.
- We practice thoughtful and respectful disagreement, always putting our honest thoughts on the table.
- We evolve through reflection, acknowledging that progress is born from both success and pain.
- We embrace optimism, come to work every single day excited about what we’re building, and view every challenge as a mountain waiting to be summited.
- We practice and repeat good habits, always in pursuit of growing from beginners to experts.
We’re a young and mighty team made up of nerds, artists, entrepreneurs, dads, dancers, and builders. With more than a little bit of “save the world” attitude, our team is just as obsessed with helping make sure your students cross the finish line as you are.